Petlogs: the fleeting lives of mutable systems
This is a page for the general trees of “machine I do projects on that I want to document every change I make and headache I fix”.
The Problem Base page collects some of the standing issues that span these systems
The Desktop Quests page collects some more cross-cutting-concern-type plans
There should maybe be another page tracking prototypes (and, like, Quadration work?), so, like, my NeckFX setup is linked there
some old bullshit
See the About Petlogs page for some background and philosophy behind these pages (some of which is out of date, as it refers to the directory structure that originally spawned the layout of these pages).
For more on how these logs are going to be restructured amd integrated going forwward, see Camp Papalima.
The Two Installations of My Desktop
I dual-boot (usually in Linux these days):
- stuzzy (Arch Linux on an x64 Chromebook)
- stuflon penguin (Linux subsystem on a ChromeOS Chromebook)
- stubarks (RCA Voyager I want to run PostmarketOS on)
- stuixel (Google Pixel 2 XL running Magisk-rooted Android)
- stuwich, my Nintendo Switch and the game saves thereon
- stuchip, my Pocket C.H.I.P.
- Sturling 2020 (Arch Linux on a USB 256GB MicroSD card )
- stuquart (Windows 10 on a 500GB hard drive in a USB3 enclosure)
My household Kubernetes cluster
Stubernetes, consisting of:
- studtop, the Server node (K3OS on an x64 Toshiba Chromebook 2)
- address.exposed, the exit node
- sturaspi (Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi)
- ESP8266/ESP32 stuff is generally documented in use journals for one of these systems bootstrapping it
Cloud Virtual Servers
- stuvern (Arch Linux on DigitalOcean)
I’m pretty sure I moved stuvern as a name to Vultr, actually?
Mothballed system resources